Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was all pickerel this morning. One Bass, and one yellow perch. No crappie. Had to use the gripper on these. I could never lift out of water with my light line. Caught most on the little tube bait, and one on a brown with chartruse tail rib worm. Man it was cold this morning. Fish Fish Bass Ray-finned fish Bony-fish
Fish Fish Coregonus lavaretus Bass
Fish Fish

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't keep. I have a friend that eats them. We know how to filet and cook them so all the fine hair bones cook right up in the meat. They are really good to eat. I will try to explain how. Filet the pickerel, lay the filet skin side down on cutting board. Make cuts about an inch apart on the whole filet all the way through to the skin. Season it the way you like. Then drop the filet in hot grease. The grease will go through all the slits/cuts and cook all the fine bones up. You will never know it had bones. Some one showed me. I didn't believe it until I tried it. I even took some to the American Legion on Kent Island years ago. My friends didn't believe me. They couldn't believe it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts