Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,just wanted to confirm all the good repots about the horse croaker being caught around the mouth of the patapsico river .My fishing buddie ,capt. Ron fished from a bulkhead last night near fort armistead park with live peelers.He caught only 5 fish in thee hours,however they were all between 15 and 18 inches.They also caught 7 large white perch and one nice linesider.Just wanted to pass it on.Now go fish. :) :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
any three eyed croaker show up yet? :p :p :p j/k
thanks for the report. shrimp works pretty good for croaker there too. be careful up there at night time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
be careful up there at night means just that...If you have ever been there you would understand...Park is used at night for everything from drug dealing to prostatution. I fished there a couple times 2 years ago and will not go back until they clean the place up and I live about 10 minutes from there. :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
How close is it to Cherry Hill Park?Most every place is like that nowadays.A guy almost had his car broke into at the Choptank;his window was smashed.I'm not scared of inner city places like Canton or Anicostia.Just use good judgement,and be carefull.I used to have a delivery jobs that took me in to place where people get shot on a daily bases down in DC(Minneasota Avenue in Southeast).It's not the neighborhood its the people in it that make it what it is.Some bad neihborhoods have good people in them. ;) It can be safe;just use good judgement. ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
happypappy..I totally agree it's not the place it's the people. I use to work for a truck repair company and spent most days in all sections of Baltimore and never had a problem anywhere but Fort Armisted park is in an industrial area and is very deserted and there has been a lot of problems there of course our elected officials keep "promising" to clean it up :rolleyes: but last time I was there parking lot was full of broken glass and trash and just about anything you could imagine. And to answer your question about where it is..Look at a map of the Baltimore beltway (695) and the park is in northern AA co. almost under the Key Bridge

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Some areas around Northeast DC are like that,very industrial looking.Especally on Bladensburg Road.Well,anyway we fish almost everywhere I've seen peole fishing around Blue Plains Sewege Treatment Plant,295 Bridge,Handover St.,Potte St.,and Cherry Hill Park by the hospital.Theres one place I fish called Wasons Corner and its full of trash,beer bottles,chicken liver containers,it has all types of graffti on the bridge walls(even rasist graffti :mad: I hate that stuff).It's a very dirty place :mad: ,People need to take care of the places we have or the'll close them down to the public :mad: .

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
HappyPappy,

You need to get out to AI more often and enjoy the beach and the great outdoors. You need to unwind - you have too much stress to be enjoying fishing. ;)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
That park you guys are talking about is about 10miles from Cherry Hill Park.The name sounds firmilliar;its southeast of Curtis Bay.It's off of Hawkins Road;you can prbily get there by taking East Ordnance Road?Has anybody caught anything like Trout,or Drum up that way.Last year a guy in a boat caught a Red Drum around Curtis Bay in 5ft of water.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Don't worry,I haven't been down to Wasons Corner in a long time :) .I bypass all that and fish on the Eastern Shore away from civilization :p .One day durring the summer I probily go fishing for Red Drum on the Virgina Barrier Islands(The most Prestine Place within 200miles) :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Happy,
Red Drum are not common that far up the bay. They are usually found in the patuxent river and south. Last years puppy drum were a special treat due to the drought.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys,Sandcrab is right about getting away from inner city fishing areas.The bulkhead I mentioned is on private property close to F.A.P. If I was going to fish at night at F.A.P.,I would take a body guard along.A safer place to fish is fort smallwood if you are looking for a place close by.Croaker are there now, and soon will be spot,and then the grey trout.Places like A.I. are nice but we dont always want to drive 3 hours to fish.So it is nice to be able to stay local and catch fish sometimes.People who trash and vandalize public fishing areas are not usually the fisherman,they are just people hanging around with nothing better to do in life then ruin places and cause trouble for us.

·
Registered
490 Posts
You guys ever look at the color of the water at FAP would eat the hook right off your line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts