Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone has any advice on a product to illuminate rod tips for night surf fishing. Paint or something? I surf fish Edisto island and there is a ban on lights during turtle season in spring and fall when I go. I could technically use a turtle safe red lantern but you know 50 people would be down there telling me about the light ban and I’m not trying to ruffle any feathers. Thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
the product you want is "old Red Eye" Breakaway tackle makes them. Tape them on to the end of your rod. you will not hear a little bell over the sound of the surf

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been using the breakaway rod tip lights forever. Glue and wrap the mount then the light slips in and you can remove it easily during daylight fishing. Works on 2 small hearing aid type batteries. Make sure you mount them so the light slides in towards the rod tip or you could cast off the light. Don't ask how I know.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I use glow sticks, but not stuck on the rod, clipped on the rod tip foot after casting. I cast hard and long, so adding stuff to the rod, particularly at the tip, isn't a good idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts