Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no fish though. lots of boats 1/2-1 mile out birds too. threw metal but no hits. did get to watch a guy and a girl go out in a canoe. no life jackets/wetsuits etc. sank in the breakers shoulder deep. to my dismay they emptied their shoesand the canoe on the beach and pushed off again. this time they made it out only to sink again this time they were up to their neck and lookin a bit panicked. they made there way in and proceeded to strip down to their undies:eek: :jawdrop: the girl wasnt bad either. anyway they dragged the canoe up the beach in their undies and left. they were both bright red from the cold water...I thought I'd seen it all! ........nope

·
Registered
350 Posts
I also gave Sandbridge a time from 4:15p to 5:45p with no luck. Tried metal and storms on both sides of the pier then worked my way north up to the first beach house. Tide was way out there. Only birds I saw were sitting on the water. Lot of boat from 1/2 to 1 mile out about 1/2 mile north of the "S" turn. Unless I hear of something happening locally by friday I may head south to OI this weekend.

Robert

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was there as well, from 12-3:30, but I unfortunately didn't see the canoe incident. I was on the south side of the pier and caught 1 fat headed linesider that was about 24" on a bunker chunk. Other than that there was no other action. Tide was running out and the water was pretty dirty.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was at chubb lane about 1/2 way between the market and s-turns

·
Registered
402 Posts
sounds good to me, a little hand augering in sandbridge? just deep enuff to drop a pvc rod holder in...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea I figure if I'm still on the clock then its as close as I will ever be to a professional fisherman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts