Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out about 8AM strong winds still here about 60 water clean , using a Silver Gator Spoon 3 OZ . Landed some nice 20 in Blues. Gonna try my hand at some dip and smoke up the rest.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sounds great!!!

Good luck with the dip and the smoker ;)

I am actually concentrating on my shooting this Saturday after 4 straight Saturdays fishing.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey flistell How are ya.
I hit the surf at the Spessard Holland South Beach Park on friday. Went out to the beach this AM about 4 just after Publix heading south on A1A . I was pulling in blues all morning and just as the sun was coming up I hooked up with a 4ft spinner shark using the head of one of the blues as bait . He didn't know he was hooked . I watched him pick it up and my drag pull out like as if it was a Ray.I let him go down the beach a little ways and nailed him. He took off and did about 4 spin's out of the water and then one of my snap's on the leader came undone. :(
I hate equipment failure.

Has far as the pier on Ocean Ave ,they have the part with the roof to finish and I heard they were waiting for more Gov $ . I would
Guesstimate in another month or so. I hope soon I love that spot . :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
thanks--not great luck in Floridana, but I am lazy and don't do the early AM. Have been seeing a lot of activity about 1/4 mile out. Assume they are kingfish--alot of jumping out there. Maybe will get the nerve to chase them with my kayak.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go for it and call me for dinner. :D
I don't always go that early either just could not sleep saturday night. I like my beauty rest as well. :p
Message to heat33 you thought It would be a waste of time night fishing for sharks with the west wind ? I think not. I would like to think it was skill but luck sounds more like.
And with the spinner getting away bad luck at best. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts