Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon from snowbound West Tn. I am new to the sport and the forums. Thanks for having me. I dont live near the coast but make a couple of trips annually down to the Gulf side of Florida.Any general thoughts for me about species to go after and general equipment suggestions. I would also appreciate advice on locations and best seasons. Many Thanks In Advance,Mike S.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome, I can't help you with Florida fishing, never had the pleasure ( but would like too). If fishing the surf a 10' rod can be a good overall length for starters, do you prefer conventional or spinning reels? Lots of options and opinions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, I can't help you with Florida fishing, never had the pleasure ( but would like too). If fishing the surf a 10' rod can be a good overall length for starters, do you prefer conventional or spinning reels? Lots of options and opinions.
Thanks for the help. I would be fishing the surf and prefer a spinning rod. I say that because it’s the design I use most fishing locally. Thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
Quite a few discussions on the forum right now about spinning reels you may want to check out, I like Daiwa Emblems and Shimano Ultegras, lots of options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts