Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up early and walked out on the deck at the cottage in South Nags Head to drink a cup of coffee. Well that coffee never got drunk. All I could see was birds and boats. Grabbed the metal rod and waders and hit the surf. One guy was fishing bait while I was casting, he caught one and I didn't. Threw for about an hour and a halh, no takers, but it was great.
Off to the Whalebone for bait, then me and the boys hit the beach. Nothing, except birds and boats, it's killing me. Back to the cottage for lunch and wait for high tide.
About 3:30 hit the beach and the tide was in, fished bait and waited. Some guy shows up and catches one on his 3rd cast and leaves.
Now, this is getting a little old, but, we had a blast anyway, maybe next time.

All in all a great day even if'n I didn't get one, still a pretty good start to the year. Shaggy, you and Anthony would'a gone nuts.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Wilber, if elbow stays on track, and stops hurting by end of the month, brother and I are thinking maybe a three day down to OBX late this month or February. Hopefully some of them dawgs will be around, but it also AIn't far from the start of my AI second home. Usually begin late February, early March and action hopefully kicks in for late March, April and May. Only time will tell.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts