Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

this is my first post, thought i would say hi. i fish out at lynnhaven alot and was wondering if i knew anyone out there.
i see people ask alot of questions here on the board so i have two. what is the best way to hook a small shiner to your hook for bait and also whats the best way to put a live fish on your hook. just wondering? i will be out at lynnhaven tonight around 8:00pm on til morning come by and say hi i will be down near the end with a green camp chair.

dan lee

i fish becuase i don't work

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome to the board! THis is a great place for all the information you will ever need about fishing in saltwater in VA Beach, and a really good place to find fishin buddies.

I fish at lynnhaven almost daily when I am in VA Beach, but have been out of state working for most of the summer. I will be back in a couple of days and will look forward to catchin some sea monsters with you.

Again, welcome and tight lines....

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
You picked a good starter question.
I think books have been written on how to hook a fish for live bait. Everyone has their own views. I hook them to make the bait do what I want, If you hook a bait in the back behind the dorsal fin it will swim down. If you want to cast a retrive a bait hook it in the lips and so forth. Just keep tring till it goes your way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts