Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some Nitto's, Terra Grappler for my old '99 Ram. Does anyone have thoughts about these tires for sand? I read good reviews and have spoken to a few people before I bought them. They told me, these were some of the best all around tires. Any additional thoughts would be useful. They are 285/75/16 A/T.
Thanks!

·
Registered
926 Posts
I'll double check but I think my brother had issues with the belts in the tires premature breaking making big softballs and bald spots in the treads and Nitto stop offering a warranty On those or shops wouldn't warranty them but Would warranty the Nitto 2 terras... I'm almost sure it was those ...otherwise hee had no complants. Dodge ram Cummins 4x4 newer body style.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Any tire will work on the sand if aired properly.I prefer a smooth and quiet ride to the beach,air down and enjoy.You will be fine with yours as long as there are no problems with the tire itself as IPNURWATER stated.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I ran the terra grappler in a 325-65R18 size on my last Tahoe. They were flat out awesome and i got well over 60k on them before they wore out. Im pretty anal about rotating my tires.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran the terra grappler in a 325-65R18 size on my last Tahoe. They were flat out awesome and i got well over 60k on them before they wore out. Im pretty anal about rotating my tires.
I rotate my tires religiously also.
"buster"- I always air down on beach sand, idiots are the 1's that don't and get stuck.
As regards to IPNURWATER, I bought them at a national retailer with a warranty. So hopefully I'll get my $ worth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.