Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Tica 11'6 rod on ebay and want to match it up with a reel. Looking to spend about 50 (+/- 10). Anyone has a suggestion on reels?

I bid on a Tica SH8000 on ebay but I heard bad things about Tica reels. Are low end Okuma or Diawa pretty good deals?

Thanks always for your help.
-John

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:)

I guess what I meant by low end Okuma is that, Okuma AV series can be bought inhigh 30s, while Okuma Coronado Baitfeeder sells in the 50s and 60s. And there is Okuma Inspira which sells in the 90s.

But, thanks for recommending Okuma AV series. It seems to get good reviews. I will definitely consider it as one of the choices. Now, only if I can retract that bid I did for Tica SH8000! :cool:

·
Registered
215 Posts
The 8000 is a large reel, go with the 7000. I have one and really like it. There are alot of good reels out there. You could even get a jarvis walker which is a low end penn. Check Jamestackle.com before bidding on ebay. He usually sells them for less and doesn't nail you on shipping. Also, ebay sells alot of those okuma's baitrunners they usually go in the 40's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts