Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had your tackle box stolen and had to buy all new tackle to fish in the virginia beach area including back bay down to sandbridge what would you buy.(Lures,Terminal,Soft Plactics everything)
NO PRICE LIMIT

·
Registered
671 Posts
For pups: chartreuse, white, gulp grubs are good on jig heads.
Trout: Same + mirrolures and green grubs on jig heads.
Flounder: chartreuse gulps on jig heads or even on a yellow bucktail. Yellow has always been productive for me when targeting flounder.
Blues and spanish: Gotcha plugs, diamond jigs, stingsilvers. Pretty much any type of flashy metal.

These lures and combos have always worked for me. I'm sure some of the pros on here will have a lot more suggestions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Adp But i am trying to justifiy haveing a very large tackel box like before but those things will only fill a small tackel box (you know how wives are)

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I've actually found my personal choice for the tackle box to have changed over the past couple of years. Instead of having 1, 2 or 3 of everything... I am slowly narrowing it to more sizes and colors of FEWER types lures. My purpose is to force myself to become more knowledgeable and adept with a few lures rather than to be barely able to use a lot of lures. Time will tell if this proves to be a better approach (at least for me)...

Jim

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
As far as tackle boxes go you have to check out the new Plano pro series 777. I got one OMG it's huge, with a place for everything.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
funny how the stores sell tackle to catch the fishermans eye and not what actually catches fish. Most stores dont care if what they sell catches fish or not they just care if they catch your eye as fish dont have money!! Good luck to ya. I have a redfish box a striper box a flounder box and a spot and croaker box and for rods and reels a surf set up, a pier set up and a kayak set up oh and a boat set up but use it on the yak alot. Hope all this helps!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Instead of 1 tackle box get a tackle box for each type of fishing with a few multi-use ones in each.
Pups: Mirror Lures, gold/smoke berkley gulps, 1/2 - 3/4 oz jig heads
Trout: Mirror lures, chart gulp, firetiger bass assasins, 1/4 - 3/4 oz jig heads
Spanish/Blues: Gotcha plugs, Sting Silvers, Hopkins
Flounder: Buck Tails, Berkley Gulp, Bass Assasins, 1/2 - 1 oz jig heads

·
Registered
916 Posts
Agree with the others. I used to have a monster tackle bag that I enjoyed organizing 4 times a day. Then I got practical and realized that my former system was a pain in the arse more than anything else.

Now, I have 5 or 6 plano boxes. Each one serves its own purpose (one is all freshwater, one is for jig heads, one is for stripers, one for flats, etc etc). Some of the tackle can go in more than one box, and so it does.

When I decide to go fishing, I throw whichever box I need into my bookbag and put soft plastics (Gulps and whatnot) into the front pocket. Its so much easier to transport and grab when on a boat, yak, wading, pier, surf, jetty or whatever.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Nice thing about being a tackle ho, and having backups for backups, is that if some @#%^@#$#%^ were to steal my tackle box, all I'd have to do is go home, grab another empty box and restock from my tackle room. Now, if they were to steal my truck, or my house, that may be another problem :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.