Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have just moved here from the mid west and have never fished a day in my life. But would really like to learn. So i guess my question is if i am fishing piers and Beachs what rods and reels should i get , tackle, and so forth. Thank you in advance.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
( @ Y @ ) are those ....... ? i am going fishing today- all day - will let ya know how we did .........(have to read the boating section)

·
Registered
885 Posts
( @ Y @ ) said:
Hello,

I have just moved here from the mid west and have never fished a day in my life. But would really like to learn. So i guess my question is if i am fishing piers and Beaches what rods and reels should i get , tackle, and so forth. Thank you in advance.
Hay,
I'd advise that you contact one of the people going to the OVP [thats Ocean View Pier] and meet them there. Spend a Buck and go on as a visitor then talk to the person you have arranged to meet. I know that any PSYCO would be glad to help. This way you will get to see some of the equipment and methods used. Start out with one or two medium weight rods and a soft tackle bag from Wal*Mart. DON'T try to learn it all at once. You'll never make it!
One last piece of advise ... come to the next PSYCO meeting on the 29th of April. It's free, fun and you'll meet some of the best local fishermen and women in this area. Contact Redskinfan for directions and when ya get there look for the biggest "ROUND" guy there. Thats me.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
And if you see a guy wearing a pith helmet, that's me - glad to be of help (though to be honest, I'm still just learning this stuff myself). Catman32 is also often on that pier, and being an old freshwater catfisherman changed over to saltwater Pier & Surf last year, he'll be able to help you a LOT with the transition.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
( @ Y @ )

u a boob man...or jus have boobs?..........not partial to women ,feeshin...I like women ,alot...but enquirin' minds and minds in tha gutter wanna know:D .......

As folks on this board know ..I's a schola an a gentleman...so if'n I dis-respected ya...my humble apologies.

BTW..I's a boob man...

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Welcome to the area.

You will find plenty of good fishing and plenty of good folks to learn from.

As far as getting started with tackle, I'd suggest giving Randy our sponsor a call, he'll get ya set up.

When it comes to learning to fish, visit the piers and beaches and ask questions, or give it a stare and compare.

There is plenty of beach here and south that have plenty of good fishing.

You're welcome to tag along with me anytime I go.

Tight Lines,

Walt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nserch4Drum said:
u a boob man...or jus have boobs?..........not partial to women ,feeshin...I like women ,alot...but enquirin' minds and minds in tha gutter wanna know:D .......

As folks on this board know ..I's a schola an a gentleman...so if'n I dis-respected ya...my humble apologies.

BTW..I's a boob man...
So if your a Boob Man im guess your no taller than 2 stacks of horse sh1t and maybe the reason ya talkin funny its that butt cream ya usein to brush ya teeth But hey its all fun and games there im not offended i can play with the big dogs since i did wrestle cows back home. Wanna Wrestle big boy:eek:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts