Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught friday jan 30 south around corolla weighted 63# caught by Carolyn Brown also on the same rig was a 25# bass for a total of 88# at one time. nice pullage to Mz B.

check tidalfish.com va. boared for other results and pictures

Rick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Incredible fish. The gut on that fish is almost as big as mine.

I heard Carolyn's story this morning on Cap'n Reece's morning fishing show and she mentioned they'd forgotten their net in their haste to get underway. As you mentioned, she had two fish on at once and after she brought the first 25 lb-er in, the boat captain had to go out onto the back of the boat's transom and pulled the fish in by grabbing it's lip while she held on to his belt to keep him from falling overboard.

You can view it at: www.tidalfish.com/home Look under the Virginia Angler Board for the thread entitled "New Virginia State Record"

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had a feeling that would happen this year.

Also: A guy last week caught two on one rig at around 57 and 49 pounds apiece 20 miles south of Rudee. (the weights I posted were probably off, cause I gave the article away) any way the combined total was around 105 pounds on a mojo w/ a spoon trailer. I was in the same school on a boat the same day, and I have to say it was awesome. there were probably 3,000 seagulls and ganetts, a knockdown every 7 minutes. My father-in-law hooked one so big he couldn't pull it off the bottom.

Anyway, I know this is a surf and pier board, but I think It's ok for me to talk about the rare times I get to go out on a boat. I do my time with frozen skunk at seagull.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
WOOHOO!

Carolyn is an old friend of mine. I'm very excited for her!!

BTW, I'll bet she could outfish most of us on this board, she truly is a great angler!

Way to go Carolyn!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Not to take anything away from her catch cuz that is a monster fish. But man I would love to tangle with a fish that size in th surf. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts