Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the morning wind and chill. Started out at the 3 bridges, fed the crabs about a dozen shrimp in 45 minutes. Moved down to one of the old park piers along Flagler Ave. and caught a Southern Kingfish. Must have been using hooks that were too large, as I fed them the rest of my shrimp. There were dozens of the little buggers hanging out in about 4' of water.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Hi derek and welcome to P&S . It was a bit chilly this AM and it will dip down a bit further tonight . Back to the 70s on monday .:D
Thanks for the report from up your way .:cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Derek,
Welcome..I too am a Smyrna fisherman. I suggest going to the beach at the end of Flagler and make a left. Go down about 1/2 mile and fish right there. Its best when its in-coming tide. I have been catching many nice blue and nice size flounder there. Catch as many finger mullet you can and use those. They have been working like charms. If the surf is too rough, try Buena Vista Park (also on Flager). Nice size Jack running through there! I caught one over 10lbs a few weeks ago there! Good Luck!
Fish On,

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts