Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing my after thanksgiving day shopping today and stopped in a pawn shop off of Western Branch Blvd. (just for GP) Saw a tica rod with a penn reel. The guy was only asking 29 bucks for it and I talked him down to 20.00 (dont think he new what he had) So now I'm ready to roll with the big boys. Watch out P&S'ers "I'm coming to join ya honey".....lol
Now I can get off the bottom and throw some juice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi 1mo,
20 bucks? You stole it! Why don't I ever find deals like that?
I have a tica rod and daiwa reel baitcaster combo, and you can really sling the lead out there with that bad boy as long as you avoid the occasional backlash. ( which I don't)
Enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Did the "Pawnbroker" have a Red Suit and a White Beard ???

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no beard and so suit but I wanted to call him Santa anyway, and to the surfman mine has a spinning reel. I haven't tried using a baitcaster yet.

He had other combos left in the store also. If anyone wants to know where it is, it is located on Westernbranch Blvd. Right on the street next to K-mart. Just turn left at Wendy's and you will see it in the small shopping plaza.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wrong K-mart

I think you're talking about the Super-K (that's not it)

It may be Roses--It's one of those big department stores....lol, All I know is that I come up Taylor Rd. Make a right and then the next left right by the bank(it's right before Wendy's), you will see the shop on the right in a small plaza (Plaza Pawn)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts