Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,349 Posts
KW,

The 13' 8-12 is my flagship heaver. it is designed for fishing the heavy surf and for throwing heavy payloads. While light for a heaver (blank weighs < 20 oz) it is made to do battle with big drum and cobia. For a heaver it is easy to load but throws a looooong way while being a bit easier on your back than most other rods in it's class.

The 12'8" 4-8 is a true "light" heaver. It is designed to smoke 6 and a small bait and does so wonderfully. It is lightweight and very easy to load. It is VERY versatile. You can bomb 4oz and sand fleas for pompano, 6oz for puppy drum/bluefish or 8 and a small bait for bigger drum. It is a newer rod but sales are rocking.... :)

If you are looking for an "8nbait" rod, go for the 8-12 (or 6-10). If you want something a little more versatile then the 12'8" 4-8 may be the ticket for you. Just please understand the 8 and a small bait is the top end for this rod.

Tommy

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,349 Posts
In my opinion the 12'8" 4-8 balances out nicely with a 656. That being said my brother fishes his with a 757 Vittesse and he loves it.

Tommy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.