Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a pair of 10yo's out to test their metal on saturday evening. Blowin' Rainin' and cold. But the Pups and Stripers were there. Both boys caught fish and I had to just about drag their wet selves off the beach. We caught small pups up th 18inchs and lost one nice 2 footer to the mud bank. Caught many under sized Stripers and a couple we could have kept, but all went back.

When fishing with kids it is important to stress sportsmanship, maybe to the point of excess. The boys probally could have kept a few fish but the question was, "do you want fish for dinner" and they said no, sooooo back in the bay they went.

PS Sunday am they woke me up at 6 and wanted to go again, Too pretty and the fishing wasn't any good. One of the asked if the fish only bite when it's raining. I tried to explain that is more of a wind thing, I think he got it.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Great post, thanks! I wish I could get the GameBoy out of my two 17 yo hands. My 6 yo wants to fish every time I go out. Tough to explain he needs to go to school!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Takin kids fishin is always great. Sounds like they had a blast.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good Job!

i,ve had my son,s and grandsons heavers hanging,can,t get them out,like he said rather play Gameboy,WI,or anything they can sit down and do! always wanted to start a fishing school for kids.got enough hardware to go at it.wifes been going every night with me, wish she hadn,t seen that pink rod at Gregs the other day? big waves and ne winds!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I'm gonna drag mine out by their ears if they pull that crap. I plan to keep 'em busy enough so they don't have time for video games. Waste of time if you ask me.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Pretty werk Cliff...figuired you weren't home...drove by yer 'castle' on Saturday and Sunday....lookin' good!...I see the boat's almost ready...:p

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Great job! I'm taking Littlefish out again, he's chompin' at the bit to get some pullage at the surf...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeap folks, few things in life compare to watching a kid catch a fish. My sons friend Lucas is a special little guy, he really likes to go camping and fishing with us. I think the only time he gets to fish is with me and Spencer. Sooooo, he is going back with us this weekend and I really hope the wind is right and we can have a repeat.

PS You should have seen Lucas telling his big brother about the fish he caught, Priceless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts