Pier and Surf Forum banner

New Momoi Line

Gear: 
Tags
momoi
4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  blacksand 
#1 ·
Ran into this online and wondered if anyone has seen it or used it. Description is listed below. It comes in 8, 10, 12, 16 and 20 lb. test. Looks like retail around $11 for 300 yards. The description sounds good (as they all do), but I see no mention of line memory.

"Diamond ILLUSION line is an advanced multi-polymer fishing line designed to meet the specific demands and stresses of light line fishing. Stronger when compared by diameter, ILLUSION has 20X greater abrasion resistance than regular nylon mono lines and significantly less stretch. ILLUSION boasts wet knot strengths up to 95% - 100% of stated line tests, lower water absorption and casts farther than any other monofilament period. Unmatched strength, sensitivity, abrasion resistance and suppleness combine to make ILLUSION the perfect choice for the light line angler. All these characteristics, combined with the unique Mystic Green color add up to one amazing new fishing line."

#2 ·
I never have tried copolymer or nylon mono but was interested in it for a while until i saw momoi nylon mono(the one at bps) and well 15 lb test berkley big game has 41mm i belive in diameter and momoi has 40 for 16 lb test, not worth it i would say but i am interested in this new one it sounds sweet but oh well i guess thats why they call em adds! anybody got any feedback? would appreciate it.

#4 ·
You have perked my interest up in this one sprtsracer,I'm also looking forward to hearing from anyone that has used this line,If it cast as far as braid and has no wind knot issue's and very little stretch,this could be the winner for awhile,not to mention thats not a bad price.

#8 ·
Just looked at Cabela's site.

1lb spool of this stuff for $106.99 Ouch !

Has anyone tried their IGFA brand ? I see it comes in hi-viz yellow and the 12 lb is stated at .31mm. diameter. Perfect for tourny line if it mics out as stated and casts well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.