Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice how many new members have joined in the last two weeks or so? Man thats great! We should get alot more info and some $$$ for the board upkeep and flea...Tightlines

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
The Hypocrite

Yes, new members, I call to your attention the "Donate" link on the bottom left . Sand Flea keeps this site up and running without advertisers and it costs him a pretty penny (like his fancy gloomis rod). So, feel free to donate.

That said, I've never donated. I should change me name to The Hypocrite.

Maybe I will.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
When you donate at least $10 to the site, they put "Supporter" under your name. This gives you the privilege of adding attachments to your posts and enables you to create polls.

It's all for a good cause! ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
To EVERYONE :

Being new to the board but not new to reading & learning everything I can from everyone involved. I wanted to THANK all of you for the great info. & tips. I've met a few of you on the planks & talked to others here online. Great experience for me! Most of all I look forward to fishing w/ others from the site in the future.
Sand Flea the check is in the mail / I appreciate all the work you've done to keep up this site. $10 is the least I can do to help support what this site provides.

Spider

·
Registered
893 Posts
I dunno about contributions. There are 2,000 members, but only 800 have contributed one or more e-mails. The other 1200 lurk in the background. The contribution list is very short. More of us should chip in to support PIERANDSURF.COM :eek:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I tried once

I once offered some $ to Sand Flea when we were fishing SP. He wouldn't take it. I think he figured "this loser has been on this site for 2 years and hasn't donated...I'm not tkaing his $ now just because he feels obligated". Or maybe he just took pity on me for trying to support a family of four in Montgomery County (also known as suicide).

Either way, Sand Flea is the man.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
What I really think happened is that he won't take $ hand to hand. That way it doesn't look like he pockets it and never uses it for the site. By paypal and check you have some kind of receipt. With cash you don't. So I think he was kind of smart not taking your money. It is a code of ethics. I am not a lawyer but maybe I should study to be one. :D :--->

1 - 7 of 7 Posts