Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm a new membe just joining this forum today. I read your messages and got the hype from reading all the fishing stories and reports. I just move to Richmond recently, was resided in northern VA areas. I fished mostly on the MD shores. I'm looking for some hot spots in VA Hampton Roads, tidewater areas.. ..please inform me ... i would love to join you guys at those hot spots...

any hot shore fishing spots???

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was fishing on the majority of piers. My Mom is on oxygen and we need a wheelchair to get her on the pier. She out fishes me all the time. Most of the piers are destroyed except the Willowby Spit Marina pier and Lynnhaven pier. The rest are gone. Not sure about the James River pier in Newport News. You can also fish on the Yorktown or Jamestown side of the river. Either one has places to pull off. A lot of folks just fish from the beach near the piers using a variety of bait. Bloodworms, cut bait (spot is great), squid, etc. If I can managed to not work another weekend I'm hoping to come down to Willowby Sat. Wish I could give you more info. but like I stated I generally stick to the piers or go out in a head boat. If I can help more, please let me know! :D

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you catfishmama, you have done more than enough. I fished on Buckroe, Harrison, CBBT pier before.. not much luck there.. small fish... Ray is the biggest one i cought.. one time i pulled in 3 rays at buchroe pier... totally messed my pole and reel..

·
Registered
634 Posts
welcome to the board crawfish....you must be from La. ?calling it crawfish instead of crayfish lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts