Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks my name is Justin and I am a fishaholic. :fishing: :D

Anyway, a little about myself, I was born and raised here in hollywood, moved out of state a few times, to Washington State and Kansas and NY, but came back here...no place like home! Now I am unemployed and use my down time to do as much fishing as I possibly can, which is usually 3 or 4 nights a week, on the piers (dania, anglins), and some bridges in the area. I also have a boat club membership, with what used tobe Club Nautica, here is the website www.goboatingnow.com I have yet to go out, because I cannot find anyone who wants to go (if you wanna go out for dolphin snapper and such ... the 21ft center console is $109 a day during the week, split the costs in half..and have a good day fishing for $100 a person!! Anyway, here are some pictures of the variou fish I have caught:

Also I have found something interesting, called strikelites, www.strikelite.com
I am going to use them tonight on the pier, they seem like they would work very nicely!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
SH--Welcome aboard. It's good to have another Anglin's regular onboard. I grew up on that pier.

I hear from the Boatless Board that the pompano have been running good as of late.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Neat idea with the strikelites. I use the mini 2-inch glow sticks, same principle. Plus I usu. have folks come up asking if I have extras, and so it's a good way to make a couple of extra bucks, trade for sabiki rigs, etc... welcome aboard. Former AH-64 mechanic? Saw the pic on the wall.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neat idea with the strikelites. I use the mini 2-inch glow sticks, same principle. Plus I usu. have folks come up asking if I have extras, and so it's a good way to make a couple of extra bucks, trade for sabiki rigs, etc... welcome aboard. Former AH-64 mechanic? Saw the pic on the wall.
No, sorry, Just a picture I have hangin up. I didn't care for the mini glowsticks, they don't last long. But whatever floats your boat

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
SH--Welcome aboard. It's good to have another Anglin's regular onboard. I grew up on that pier.

I hear from the Boatless Board that the pompano have been running good as of late.
I like anglins pier, but it has its days. I have caught more fish in fewer days on dania pier then I have caught in months on anglins pier. But I like the crowd at Anglins better. The pomps have been off and on at both piers...2 weeks ago they were on FIRE

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Great work. Congrats on the haul.

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
Congrats on the catches, and welcome to P&S! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts