http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/regulations/regindex.html

Check them out!

Here's the Tidal recreational guide---

Bass, Striped (Bay) - CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY Mar 15, 2004 - May 3, 2004

Bass, Striped (Bay) 28" Apr 17, 2004 - May 15, 2004
1/person/day

May 16, 2004 - Dec. 15, 2004
2 @ 18"- 28" OR
1 @ 18" - 28" and 1 larger than 28"/person/day.

May 16 - 31, 2004: Restricted to the mainstem Chesapeake Bay from Brewerton Channel to the Maryland/ Virginia Line, Tangier & Pocomoke Sounds (no Tributaries - Choptank, etc.)

June 1 - Dec. 15, 2004: Maryland's Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Confused... CNR "only" from 3/15-5/3, but you can keep one over 28" from 4/17-5/15?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
It looks funny but all it designates is the trophy season on rockfish. Picked my license up today with all the new regs. Now I am ready to fish!

·
Registered
314 Posts
thanx

thank you i would have gotten i trouble later in the year if i didnt know that.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Wheres the C&R maps like they had last year

They're still doing C&R in the main portion of the bay like last year right.I can't wait until Stripers come in at Matapeake again in March.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Wheres the C&R maps like they had last year

HaPPyPapPy832443 said:
They're still doing C&R in the main portion of the bay like last year right.I can't wait until Stripers come in at Matapeake again in March.
Pappy,

Don't tell anyone, but I was catching them last year in February...froze my butt off but they were there...

Used the SECRET bait and circle hooks...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
From what I understand, a MD chesapeake bay license is valid in VA and vice versa. Can anyone back me up on this?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
anthony,

i know the agreement was there last year but just wanted to make sure before i go to my local walmart and purchase my VA Bay license. I only fish MD...

·
Registered
720 Posts
So when is the Spring Fling at SPSP going to happen? Sometime in March during catch and release season or later once we're able to keep at least 1? Also, what's the daytime per person/car fees at SPSP this coming season?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts