Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I wonder how the construction will effect fishing there, what areas will be closed and how will the under water structures be reshaped???

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh - The bad stuff..

1. Inlet will be widened at some time.

My concern is the lighting UNDERNEATH the bridge. Fishing the North Jetty at night is really beautiful. If they decide to put lighting UNDER the bridge, this could change this pristine area of fishing. :mad:

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No lights is good...

I think that the jetty is perfect the way it is...nice and dark.

Also, I think the tourons are scared to fish the jetty in the dark so they leave it alone...

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pappy my friend...

HaPPyPapPy832443 said:
How can you call it pristine;acording to the locals its overpopulated:p .May'be thats during the day;)
You are already part of the "Dark Side" (lure fisherman), you just need to do more night fishing to appreciate the solitude of the jetty. ;)

Daytime fishing at IRI is for the birds!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I'll take Tautog fishing anytime over Striper fishing with lures;Tautog is daytime stuff.I don't think IRI is as populated as Severn River Bridge period.But,everyone has their own point of view.:rolleyes: Thats allright;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah Sandcrab...You never seen that guy that lives under the bridge??? The locals call him "Baltimore Bob"!!!! hehe...Just kiddin' Pappy...

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Populated meaning how many people are fishing;I must of not explained myself right.overpoulated is when your elbo to elbo with guys and they all three lines out.My term for overpopulated is too damn crowed with fishermen.Oh I like that:rolleyes:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I kind of like the new design, and lights are always a plus for night fishing. Yes I like the idea.:D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
IRI

The inlet bridge has changed a few times over the years, I like the design, too bad the concrete supports will no longer be there for the anglers that regularly fish them. The absence of those supports may ease the congestion for boaters coming in and out of the inlet...I wonder if the state has any plans for the Cape Henlopen Pier.? I hope the keep on maintaining it, it is a great place to pull up a chair, have a cold brew and fish!:)

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CHL Pier

That pier is falling apart! They need to fix it!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Another Pier Would Be Nice

I think they shold build a long pier on the ocean near Rehobeth and put rocks near the pillings.They need a pier on the oceanside.It wouuld be another good place for Tog too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts