The Capt said that the tog fishing should be real good by then as well as the striper fishing. I believe that as long as we don't have a harsh winter like last year we should be ok. Plus we won't have to worry about the sea bass by then as they should be gone.
Ok that sounds good to me. I will go ahead and reserve that date. I'm sure we can round up enough people to go. I will ask the original people who wanted to go on the first trip to see if they still want to go. If they do that's great, but if not I would like to limit the trip to 8 people bevause I heard it can get a little crowded with 10.
The Grizzly Web Site does mention a heated cabin, but I'm looking at the picture of the boat and my mind's thinking eight guys huddled in the dark in a 12 x 8 space (the size of a jail cell, trust me) for an hour (or more) ride out to the wrecks....
I'll run it past Ed (he's ALWAYS "insulated"), but I'm already complaining about temps in the 60s. Then again, we may have a mild winter this year...
Yo Jason! Too cold for the tog? Read the story of the NJ State Record (and IGFA All Tackle Record) Tautog at:
I have already gotten a confirmation from the captain about the 20th. It's a go so the trip is back on. Probably for the better since the tog weren't too active on the day of our trip. The reports from that day weren't looking too good. Who still wanted to go from the original 10? It looks like so it's me, Hat, Catman, Duke, Master Caster, and Jason is likely to go. If the original 10 can make it, then great. If not then I would like to limit this trip to 8 so it won't be as crowded. If we can't get 8, then I will start asking around to see who else can make it. Should still be a fun trip. I will let everyone know about the details as I get them.
Yeah that's why we decided to go with the Grizzly. He seems to be one of the best tog charters in DE. We were real disappointed when the first trip got cancelled, well me and Jason weren't too disappointed as we did well finding other options to fish. We'll let you know what the status is of the trip but I won't be pressing until the end of next month. The trip is just too far away for me. Can't wait till Dec 20.
As stated before, Ed and I wi not be able to make it, which leaves you with eight out of the original ten. I'll have used up all my "fishing funds" by then, and won't have the $$$ to book a room, etc... Besides, with the space available on the Grizzly, you're probably better off dropping the number of people in the charter.
On the bright side, you'll probably have one hell of a trip without me and Ed. We'll be kicking ourselves in the ass for not going... thats the way it always turns out!
Looking forward to your report, and it was great fishing with you and Jason this year. We'll have to do a "Capt Monty" trip next Spring. Maybe we'll bump into each other on the 'Tank (it'll just be me -- Ed doesn't do piers!)
Good luck, and start painting those sinkers black! See tog videos at:
So now that we are down to eight are we going to keep it there? Sorry you can't make it Jake, me you and Catman would have had some fun with the young-uns. We need to hear from the rest of the crew just incase we need to get replacements....Tightlines
A forum community dedicated to fishing and boat owners and enthusiasts along the East Coast and Gulf area. Come join the discussion about piers, safety, gear, tackle, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!