Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an e-mail from the captain saying that he had dec 20 open. That is a ways away and close to christmas time. Let me know what you think of that date.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
That is the date I am going to start my leave and head out to Florida but it would still be a good possibility for me just would have to wait to next month for me to 100% confirm.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Turkey, ham and tog for Christmas dinner, sounds good to me. I'm in.:D I think insulated boots will be in order for this trip.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Here is a question. How is the tog fishing going to be then? I know Anthony said the Jersey folks really don't start till dead winter but are we still going to get into any monsters in late December?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Capt said that the tog fishing should be real good by then as well as the striper fishing. I believe that as long as we don't have a harsh winter like last year we should be ok. Plus we won't have to worry about the sea bass by then as they should be gone.
-Anthony

·
Registered
467 Posts
Im In If the new date is a go

You can count me in if the new date is good. I was very anxious to go on the first trip. Let me know whats up........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok that sounds good to me. I will go ahead and reserve that date. I'm sure we can round up enough people to go. I will ask the original people who wanted to go on the first trip to see if they still want to go. If they do that's great, but if not I would like to limit the trip to 8 people bevause I heard it can get a little crowded with 10.
-Anthony

·
Registered
565 Posts
Toggin should be great at that time unless it is ultra cold. Jersey's season does not even open until Nov 15th. and it is colder up there. I'm in!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

The Grizzly Web Site does mention a heated cabin, but I'm looking at the picture of the boat and my mind's thinking eight guys huddled in the dark in a 12 x 8 space (the size of a jail cell, trust me) for an hour (or more) ride out to the wrecks....

I'll run it past Ed (he's ALWAYS "insulated"), but I'm already complaining about temps in the 60s. Then again, we may have a mild winter this year...

Yo Jason! Too cold for the tog? Read the story of the NJ State Record (and IGFA All Tackle Record) Tautog at:

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/rectaut.htm

The North Star sails through January....

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have already gotten a confirmation from the captain about the 20th. It's a go so the trip is back on. Probably for the better since the tog weren't too active on the day of our trip. The reports from that day weren't looking too good. Who still wanted to go from the original 10? It looks like so it's me, Hat, Catman, Duke, Master Caster, and Jason is likely to go. If the original 10 can make it, then great. If not then I would like to limit this trip to 8 so it won't be as crowded. If we can't get 8, then I will start asking around to see who else can make it. Should still be a fun trip. I will let everyone know about the details as I get them.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Talapia, once we find out who is going to be able to go we will see if we have room. We will keep you in mind for sure!

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Thanks FL Fisherman

I have a charter with the Grizzly for 18 Nov so I will
be sure to post feedback here afterwards. I am
going for tog also and then stripers, if the tog are
acting right and we get an early limit.

The Grizzly has an excellent arichive section on his
web site with fishing reports for the last two years,
Nov, Dec, and Jan seem to be the best time for
tog/stripers!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah that's why we decided to go with the Grizzly. He seems to be one of the best tog charters in DE. We were real disappointed when the first trip got cancelled, well me and Jason weren't too disappointed as we did well finding other options to fish. We'll let you know what the status is of the trip but I won't be pressing until the end of next month. The trip is just too far away for me. Can't wait till Dec 20.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings Anthony!

As stated before, Ed and I wi not be able to make it, which leaves you with eight out of the original ten. I'll have used up all my "fishing funds" by then, and won't have the $$$ to book a room, etc... Besides, with the space available on the Grizzly, you're probably better off dropping the number of people in the charter.

On the bright side, you'll probably have one hell of a trip without me and Ed. We'll be kicking ourselves in the ass for not going... thats the way it always turns out!

Looking forward to your report, and it was great fishing with you and Jason this year. We'll have to do a "Capt Monty" trip next Spring. Maybe we'll bump into each other on the 'Tank (it'll just be me -- Ed doesn't do piers!)

Good luck, and start painting those sinkers black! See tog videos at:

http://www.neangling.com/UnderwaterVideos.htm

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Anthony,

So now that we are down to eight are we going to keep it there? Sorry you can't make it Jake, me you and Catman would have had some fun with the young-uns. We need to hear from the rest of the crew just incase we need to get replacements....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well I think we are down to 6 unless MC comes out of his hiatus by then. Not sure if his pops can go or not. You should give him a call Hat and see what he says.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts