Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well North Carolina decided to throw us a bone, 6 week flounder season beginning 8/15/20 to 9/30/20, no limits or size mentioned as of yet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well North Carolina decided to throw us a bone, 6 week flounder season beginning 8/15/20 to 9/30/20, no limits or size mentioned as of yet.
Honestly had I hoped they would close it for at least two years to EVERYONE......I can eat catfish. They're putting a bandaid on a mortal wound.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Won’t do any good to shut down unless they close commercial flounder too, and that will never happen. So, it’s just a big continuing circle to let commercial continue and recreation takes the fall.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Won’t do any good to shut down unless they close commercial flounder too, and that will never happen. So, it’s just a big continuing circle to let commercial continue and recreation takes the fall.
I agree, touchy subject but seems obvious to me, money talks and BS walks...

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
They sure are screwing you buddy, all them old Grannies and Grandpas that are eating shrimp stuffed Flounder near every Friday.

B

·
0 Posts
They sure are screwing you buddy, all them old Grannies and Grandpas that are eating shrimp stuffed Flounder near every Friday.
I know I've mentioned it before but I work in a controversial area of expertise. Hydraulic Fracturing. People hate us. I've had people tell me, albeit online, that they hope I die. I always tell them since they don't have a life if they hang around long enough eventually I will. But my pint is without demand for oil and gas I wouldn't be there. If people quit driving and buying plastics etc or bought all electric vehicles etc there would be no need for what I do. Same thing goes for the seafood industry. I knew a guy willing to pay $500 to have king crab shipped from Alaska for a party. Captain George's is full every day. So is Dirty Dick's. If people didn't eat so much there wouldn't be a need for commercial fishing. Demand drives the business.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Regulations won't stop anyone from taking undersized fish. same as gun laws. The abiding will follow and all else won't. Cops can't be everywhere all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts