Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
I use 12 lb Suffix Tritanium on my bait rods and if I'm only throwing 2 ounces and a river rig just tie a Bimini twist for a loop to hook a cast lock swivel.

For my long rods I don't use anything less than 17 lb Tri and I tie a Bimini to make a loop and then a Yucatan to tie the 50-60 lb shock.

I was using a surgeons loop, figure 8 knot, and or a spider hitch to make the loop knot but they are not half as strong as a Bimini twist.

I learned how to do it watching Tater when we went fishing with DD he made it look easy and after a hundred or so times it gets pretty easy.

This is what a Yucatan knot should look like. This is 17 lb Tritanium and 50 lb HighSeas Quatro.

Skin Hand Joint Acupuncture Finger

·
Registered
618 Posts
Dumb question...How did a yellow line and a clear line produce a "blue" knot?
That is because Hi Seas Quatro is camouflage, it is red blue and green and almost clear. I suppose it is somewhere between the blue and clear part.

A Yucatan knot is sort of like magic the way the shock leader rolls over the loop material. You don't need a loop knot but a loop knot makes it stronger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.