Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy told me about the piece he saw on the news and I was on vacation so I missed it...Not too sure how I feel about it. I haven't been up there in about a month and a half because of the crowds and certain people. But now this is either going to be real good or real bad. I am thinking this might make it even more crowded but we'll see

http://wjz.com/environment/susquehanna.fishing.center.2.802707.html

·
Registered
67 Posts
Man, I used to love fishing off the catwalk. I had the best times catching fish there years ago. I agree with the guy that said its a waste of money, letting us fish the catwalk again would not cost anything, they should just use the money for something else. Maybe one day...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree! When I was a kid my father would drop me off up there and I would fish off of the catwalk all day. I caught many of Rockfish there. They should just open it back up!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The problem is, the pier will not extend into the river very far. But run down the bank. The fishing will be the same as it is now. The only benefit is the trash that is left on the bank from the slobs will be on the pier and will no long get sweepped down river when it rises. Maybe someone will come along and pick it up because most of the fishermen fishing the pier will most likely not.As they do not now. Also there will be rotting cut bait part strewed all over the place on the rails. If there is a flat surface to it. Atleast the rising water now washes away the cut bait most of the time. The best thing I heard they will be doing is to make a trail that runs from the dam to Port to access the Cecil side of the river. The only problem with that is enough parking space.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
The problem is, the pier will not extend into the river very far. But run down the bank. The fishing will be the same as it is now. The only benefit is the trash that is left on the bank from the slobs will be on the pier and will no long get sweepped down river when it rises. Maybe someone will come along and pick it up because most of the fishermen fishing the pier will most likely not.As they do not now. Also there will be rotting cut bait part strewed all over the place on the rails. If there is a flat surface to it. Atleast the rising water now washes away the cut bait most of the time. The best thing I heard they will be doing is to make a trail that runs from the dam to Port to access the Cecil side of the river. The only problem with that is enough parking space.

Maybe you should send your comments to the project manager for the proposed pier... they may make some changes to their plan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Project manager

saltandsand if you have a way to contact the project manager I pass this view on to him. It would be great if more would do so. Then the vioce of the hardcore fishermen would be heard. Not just the causual fishermen who it does not matter to them what the layout of the pier would be.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Searched a bit and could not get information down to the project manager. This may help. If you find more info., please put it up as I'd like to echo some of your concerns.

Here's a contact listing: http://www.exeloncorp.com/aboutus/terms/contact_us

You may want to try Ben Armstrong, 610-765-6914, he's listed as a contact in the link below.

Another interesting article similar to your post: http://www.exeloncorp.com/aboutus/news/pressrelease/powergen/Exelon+And+The+Conservation+Fund+Donate+79-Acre+Island+To+State+Of+Maryland.htm

·
Registered
797 Posts
Fall fishin...

at the dam? are the stipers still there in the fall/winter or do they move on? i heard "big" shad run there too. what time of year do the shad run?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts