Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tommy:

You let me handle the new prototype CCP 11 foot 3-6 oz several weeks ago and it felt really sweet. Any word when these may be on the market???

- Tom

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Wheels Reel 11 Foot which is my mainstay for fishing bait and heavy lures up north. I am wondering if this might not be a worthy successor.

Tom,

I'm pretty excited about the new rod/blank. Working the details out now...

Tommy

N

·
0 Posts
Tommy,

Any word on the G2 availability? Will you have them soon or will it be a few more months? I will have the funds for the 13' 3-6 at the end of the month.

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,324 Posts
They are not ready yet. Still working out the details and pricing. When the G2 comes out, it will most likely be phased in based on model and current inventory. If you are ready, then go with the current 13 3-6, it is a great rod and a top seller!!

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,324 Posts
Teff,

G2 stands for generation 2. It will be the next evolution of the CPS rods. New rod construction.

N

·
0 Posts
Thanks Tommy, I think I will go ahead and get one, that way it matches the 8-12! Call you next week.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
What's going to be the major difference in the new blanks? Could I have a 70/30 split 6-10 or 8-12 g2 cps in the future?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tommy, Do you have any employees with weak morals we could pay to leak information on the G2 rods? Especially the 13' 3-6 and a possible release date?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Tommy, will there be any difference regarding the physical weight of the new blanks (compared to the original models)? Thanks!

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,324 Posts
Scooter,

The new Gen 2 rods will be lighter with better casting performance or they won't make it past testing... :)

Tommy

P

·
0 Posts
Scooter,

The new Gen 2 rods will be lighter with better casting performance or they won't make it past testing... :)

Tommy

Will they still be slide-in ferrules or will they be slip-over ferrules? I prefer the latter style.

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,324 Posts
PR4L

The CPS heavy rods are and will be parallel butt with the tip inserting into the butt section with a 50/50 split. My lighter rods (12' and under) have the tip over butt joint.

Tommy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts