Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new 2009 Tarpon 140 on Sunday. Man, this is a cool yak. I can't wait to start customizing. I won't have to drill to many holes in this one. It has this track system to hold accessories (which have not come out yet) They also took the seat from the tsunami that keeps your butt elevated for a drier ride.

This thing looks sweet sitting in my garage. Too bad that's where it's going to stay for the next three weeks. Heading to PA for some deer hunting.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow...the 2009's are pretty sweet. Where did you buy it from. I did a search on google but there doesn't seem to be much info on it.
Estero River Outfitters in Estero, Florida. A great local family owned kayak/canoe rental and sales shop. The only way I was able to find the 2009 models online was to go to Austin Kayak's website and actually do a search for "2009 Tarpon 140". If you just browse anyone's website you will not find it.

When I spoke to the salesman at Estero, and another at a different local kayak shop, they both told me the same thing. The 2009 models are out, but they don't know much about them. They were actually shipped with 2008 model catalogs. All they knew is that Wilderness Systems is supposed to unveil an entire line of accessories to fit in that track system probably around March. It will include rod holders, bimini tops, etc. They also said all 2009 model WS kayaks will have the hinged secured hatch covers like mine (similiar to the Hobies).

I'm going to hold off drilling any holes until I see the accessories they offer.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Thats nice! Congrats!
Be sure to hang a red flag on it if hauling with the pick up you can grab a hand full coming out of Lowes or Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Excaliber the AA batteries last a long time in mine. The battery pack is not water proof though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts