Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.

My Son has an upcoming college visit to UNCW the weekend of October 10. I plan on fishing while down there. Should I head to the beach(which one) or try to find a headboat? Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
if you are staying close to uncw your better choice may be wrightsville beach which is not far from there,
and mercers pier if you pier fish

·
Registered
911 Posts
Either Beach,, Wrightsville, (BE PREPARED TO PAY for expensive parking!!),Johnny Mercers,, Or Carolina Beach.. hit Either Pier,, (KURE or The North Pier), Down to Ft.Fisher @ the Rocks..
Another good Place is @ the End of Spartanburg Ave.. (Right across from the Scotchman store), I believe Parking Meters are free on CB, though don't hold me to it,, they Usually takem down after Labor Day..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Either Beach,, Wrightsville, (BE PREPARED TO PAY for expensive parking!!),Johnny Mercers,, Or Carolina Beach.. hit Either Pier,, (KURE or The North Pier), Down to Ft.Fisher @ the Rocks..
Another good Place is @ the End of Spartanburg Ave.. (Right across from the Scotchman store), I believe Parking Meters are free on CB, though don't hold me to it,, they Usually takem down after Labor Day..
In Carolina Beach parking is free after 10/31, Kure Beach is free all year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. Coach pushed his visit back to November 1st. I'll definitely hit the locations suggested. Should i expect spot, croaker, flounder, bluefish? Any trout or sheepshead around?

·
Registered
911 Posts
All the above except Sheepheads, (unless you find yourself around structure).. Spots, If their still here. croakers & flounders & trout all are yes... big Reds to..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts