Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Just curious, if you are willing to pay for them, why not just order them? Often, for such small parts they will just send them for free. That said, if for some reason that doesn't work, I have a 6000 (red) that I removed the levelwind from. I do not plan on putting it back on. If I knew which parts were which, I'd send them to you for the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just trying to save a little money.The on line sales seem to want 14-15 bucks for them + 5 for shipping and that is about the worth of the old reels.Have two reels with bad pawl and worm.
Jake

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I have replaced these many times. Do yourself a favor and just get the OEM parts from Abu. I bought a worm gear and pawl for 2 of mine last year and it was only like $16.00 for both. If you do not have part # for them PM me the model of the reels and the number from the bottom of the reel foot and I will send you the part # or you can just call Abu direct and they will help you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Worm and pawl [BAITSHACK]

Greg can probably get you a deal on them. don,t buy used parts for a Abu,unless it,s a 8,9 or 10000. and you have to.just agree with previous posts.love my Abu,s. and others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts