Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a solution for placing front tow hooks on a 95 F150 4x4.
I have tried for a two weeks solid to locate an adaption system or hook setup, tried 4x4 shops, ford dealer, called Ford USA.
All with negative reply.
92-96 seems to be years that are difficult to find front TOW Parts.
It has the front crumple zone at the frame front and the sway-bar right after that,I can remove the air-dam if needed.
PLEASE HELP!

Would like to be ready for the SPRING RUN.
I just changed the auto hubs for manuals and they got a good snow test. 95 F150 4x4 S-cab
-------------------------------------------
Found one solution for anyone that may face the same problem:
REESE's said they make a front receiver (just like for the back) #R13535 it is a 2inch square, rated for 9,000lbs.
They said put a Lunette Eye (closed-eye hook) #R74593 for complete secure pull.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Corbina i have a f 250 and i found two places here in nc. Look and see if you and a x-line place there Maryland, they make a front for the fords i also found a front mount with Reese hitches....http://www.reese-hitches.com/ try there and i'll see if x-line has a addy on the net

·
Registered
11 Posts
the front hitch is a good option. they add front end rididity as opposed to the hooks and give you the option of hooking up a front basket, winch mount, step, spare tire carrier etc. rod racks are easy to adapt to these hitches too. i have a 94 bronco EB with the front crumple zone area like yours and i have looked at this type for a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts