Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm depressed here in korea!
Last week someone smashed my car window and stole all my fishing stuff, everything. This included 2 custom made 10' poles and 4 reels along with all my tackle, cd player and on and on.

I can file a claim and get some money back but I dont have all of my receipts. So if anyone has some receipts from the last year or so could I please have a copy? I have worked out a way to get them fax through FLFisherman.

I need a receipt for 2 Penn 7000's and a Okuma epixor EB80 or anything of comparable value. I have receipts for the poles and one reel. Also anything regarding terminal tackle.

Thanks everyone

mike:mad: :(

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Man that sucks. I'll look back through my "fileing system" to see if I can come up with something. What is th EB80 run? I might have something similiar. Hope it gets straight for ya Mike. Clay

·
Registered
823 Posts
hmmmm

can you pawn them off as 2 shimano tld 20's i think i still have my reciept

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Topsailbum, I could do that as a last resort. Only problem I see is that if the adjuster knows fishing he will see that I have spinning rods not casting. He might think its fishey.

I really dont want to rip them off, just get as much of my loss back as I can.

·
Registered
823 Posts
ahhh claim has already been filed....just need reciepts to back it up.......bummer

·
Registered
634 Posts
oh man that sucks....did it happen on a military base? or out in town?...if it happened on base they should hook you up....i've had $2000 worth of dive gear stolen before, talk about make a grown man cry..damn thiefs!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It happen off base but they will still cover it, cause there is no barracks space and we have to live off base. I Figure they got about 1000 from me. There is a silver lining... I get to go shoping for new gear.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Axon,

I went through the same ordeal one time. Fortunately for me, my insurance provider accepted some photographs of me with my "stuff". I learned the value of receipts for high dollar items. Check with your insurance provider and see if they accept photos as proof of ownership.

Macman

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for everyones post, but after thinking about this I have decided to just give them what I have and see what happens. I dont want anyone to thing I'm doing anything shaky

thanks again

Request withdrawn

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Sorry to hear your situation. That sucks....it's just a feeling of being violated or invaded that sits ugly in your stomach after that happens.

I'm not sure of your personal living situation being in the military overseas but IF you own homeowner's insurance, file the stolen goods that aren't attached to your vehicle through them. File the window and CD player through your auto insurance. (There's nothing shaky about this either)

Good luck.

PS - If you are overseas, doesn't Korea sell Daiwa, Okuma, etc. for pennies to the dollar? Maybe you can make out better after this file goes through.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PS - If you are overseas, doesn't Korea sell Daiwa, Okuma, etc. for pennies to the dollar? Maybe you can make out better after this file goes through.
I thought they did but I have not been able to find any quality items yet

1 - 15 of 15 Posts