Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I have been reading and enjoying this site for a few months now and recently registered. I would like to thank everyone for the fishing reports and tips that have been passed on.

I will be going to Ocean City to fish for Sea Bass and am wondering what type of jig/lure should I use. I am just getting into fishing and would like some advice from the Pro's on P&S.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
HI Tony and welcome to the forum. How will you be fishing for sea bass in OC? If you're going out on a head boat the main bait will be squid strips. You won't find too many sea bass in the inlet or back bay this time of year but it you're fishing off the Rt. 50 bridge you can try some jigging lures like Stingsilvers and Hopkins. Maybe Anthony or FL FISHERMAN will chime in. They can give you some good advise on fishing the bridge for Stripers.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Sea Bass

Tony,
Welcome aboard! You may want to stop in at Sue Foster's place Oyster Bay B&T for some local knowledge..or check out her fishing report on her web site. I beleive its www.oysterbaybaitandtackle.com..if not just plug oyster bay bait and tackle into Yahoo! Are you going out on a headboat? The Morningstar sounds like a good one..I believe he has been putting his customers on some nice blues and sea bass, weather permitting....We did catch a load of sea bass this summer at the Old Grounds(15-18mi. off IRI)Squid soaked in shedder oil, cut sea robin, and salted clam baits seemed to work just fine. There were a lot of shorts but there were also a few big ones mixed in..boy are they tasty on the table..good luck to ya! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be going out on a headboat, the Miss Ocean City. I was there last Sunday but only eight people showed up and the trip was called off. So I will ge going back on Saturday hoping for the best. Thanks for the quick responses.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
TT- I think they use squid or some type of cut bait that they supply,all you need is to bring your rod/reel and food/drink,you might want to bring what catman suggested(lure wise) I'v never used lures on a headboat,the type of rod I use is a 7' M/H with 20# test,hi/low rig and about 6oz. or 8oz. weight it all depends on how rough the water is. Make sure you bring some extra hi/low rigs and some weights with you,b/c you'll be paying $1.50 or more from the boat if you should lose yours,and by the way welcome to our family(P&S) hope to meet you sometime on the piers & surf. TRIGGER

1 - 5 of 5 Posts