Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i must apologize for this is not fishing post but I need someone's help on buying a used car. I'm thinking about trading in my 97 camry for a 95 ford bronco.

Is that a mistake? is there problems with 95 broncos?

Thanks alot... it kind of relates to fishing, i want a bigger car so I can put all my gear...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Toyota

I'm a Toyota man. Could not give me anything else. Get you a Toyota Truck and you won't have to worry about it. Just keep up regular maintenance and she'll last. I have a 1993 and it's like brand new. Only 80,000 miles on her. Only my oppinion. Buy a Toyota Truck 4X4.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks fishnhole.

Yes, I would like a four runner of some sort but I just want to do a straight trade in. My camry 97 LE trade in value will be about 3500 and that bronco i was looking at was listed at 4900. With some magic I want to bring it down to about 3500ish...

I'm going to take a look at four runners now... thanks...

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
3500?

How many miles you got on the 97 Camry? You could easily sell it for more than $3500 unless you have some crazy number of miles on it.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
114,000... put alot of miles driving down to my girlfriend when she was in grad school in Harrisonburg VA... now she my wife... :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have 154,000 virtually trouble free miles, on a 96 "Full Size" Bronco.

It's my "beach buggy" and "tow vechicle" for the boats.

I don't think much of the "Baby" Bronco. (Bronco II ???)

Everybody seems to have maintenance issues with the little ones.

For what it's worth.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks smooth...

I tried doing a search on google for "ford bronco 1995 problem" and I didn't find much there. Now, if you want to see somthing really funny, try doing "ford explorer problem"...

seems like bronco is a pretty sturdy car, unlike other SUVs, bronco seems like a truck with just a top on it. Ford does have nice trucks...

wish me luck when I go in tomorrow to check it out...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
In our hosehold we have a 89 F250,a 94 Ranger,a 95 mustang,a 96 t-bird. All of them have alot of miles but have been trouble free. In my opinion Fords are dependable. Go for the Bronco jangwuah.

·
Registered
823 Posts
fords are dependable......but toyotas are da** near indestructable

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Have owned them both Toys,and Fords,they're both good ,IMO.. I've owned 8 chevys never got more than 90 thousand off em before "things" started happening...:D
Owned two toys,put over 110 on one before trading,and I have 70 thousand on my Tundra now,both trouble free..
Owned 75 Bronco got over 120 on it. The 302 ran like a "scalded dog". My 89 F250 diesel went 300 and I sold it when I got my Tundra,almost sorry I didn't keep it,and drive them both..:D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Keep the tires rotated, that "Traction Beam" (swing-arm) front end changes caster a good amount as the suspension works.

If you do any serious 4-wheeling, and I don't mean going down a dusty road, watch the front end joints. Simple preventive maintenance will keep them in shape.

One of the last years for the full size Bronco. Probably very much worth the money. Straight 6 or V-8, both engines have sufficient grunt for everyday tasks.

If it comes with part-time hubs up front, be sure and lock them in every month or so and drive for 5-10 miles. This keeps the front axle gears lubed.

The full size Broncs came with a Dana 44 front end and a Ford 9" rear, maybe an 8.8". Either way unmodified they'll probably handle up to a 35" tire if you don't abuse the truck.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all your help. It is very helpful. People think i'm cragi for trading in my Toyota Camry for a Ford Bronco...

anyone have any bad exprience with a bronco?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just as a note I had 36" tires on mine and never had a problem .... I did some pretty serious 4Xing with it. I lived In WA state and went both off and no road 4Xing. In my opinion you just cant beat a bronco!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Try searching for recalls, technical service bulletins and technical safety bulletins. That should get you some real information and not just every news article on the explorer/firestone scrub radius/tread disaster

1 - 15 of 15 Posts