Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle gave me this old Pflueger 641 ball bearing spinner reel which is in pretty good condition

the only thing is that it doesn't have a bail

it has a some type of bolt coming out of one side, and the piece where the bail connects to where the line comes out on the other

where can i get a new bail? and is this an easy fix?

and if you know anything else about this reel please let me know, like line cap, or anything. not much info online

thanks for any help

·
Registered
369 Posts
The bail was wacked off on purpose.
Old reels tended to slap shut on a hard cast.
The bolt is to open and close with your finger tip. just pull the line in behind the piece of wire bail that's remaining manually.
I cut a 750 Penn and never regretted it.

Fish the reel..

T

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
Try this first. Didn't see anything listed for it, but give him a call. He may have a source for one.

http://anglerspartscan.com/catalog/
Hey ddratler, if anglerspartscan doesn't have it, you might check with Coren's in Chicago - the phone is (773) 631-5202. I don't think they have a webpage, but I have picked up some really hard to find vintage parts there. They've also pointed me to places that did have what I was looking for when they didnt' have it and are good to deal with. I'll keep my eyes open for you. Good luck!

AJ

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the advice guys
i emailed the first company mention and will give a call to this place like you said
puppy mullet, the part where you told me to just stick the line isnt stationary, it spins around the screw?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the is no line roller
the metal piece is missing the line roller and spins around insted of staying up in one spot

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my dad finally got a digital camera
maybe this will help you help me:confused:

the medal piece spins around

1 - 10 of 10 Posts