Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is for the lure builders out there. I have just stared glueing marbles on jigs for eyes. I am using Gorilla glue and I am not happy with the results. If any one is out there that has another water proof brand that would stand up to hours of salt water use, please let me know. I would also be interested in talking to any one who has experience in air brush painting lures. I need some tips for getting started (ie : equipment, paints, and painting technques).

Thanx,
JIGMAKER

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have had luck with 5 minute epoxy and saltwater - it also adheres to glass pretty well. I use the kind that comes in a two chamber syringe.

Not much help on the air brush question.

·
Registered
680 Posts
try a hobby shop for an air brush. they have small ones with various tips and small compressors. also, they have them that you use with a propellent.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
JIGMAKER- just talked to a friend of mine that's a lure maker(freashwater) and he told me he uses epoxy for his eyes/when you open the tubes take a pin and poke a small hole in the opening of each tube,that way you don't get alot comeing out at one time,he hasn't had any trouble with his eyes comeing off,he wants to know where you get Gorilla glue,he would like to try it. TRIGGER

1 - 8 of 8 Posts