Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small boat and would like to go Striper fishing, problem is I have a 14 foot fiberglass and I'm a little worried about going in the Bay any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
HRBT (hampton roads bridge tunnel)...I see john boats there all the time and you could also try the MMMBT(moniter merrimac memorial bridge tunnel) either spot for striper just make sure you stop by Gregs and get some of that fresh bunker on your way out

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Might also consider going out of Portsmouth city Park or the Hunnington Park and fish the James River Bridge.

·
Registered
100 Posts
where to go with a small boat

Lesner bridge is always good for as many as you want from dusk on.small boats there every night.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Wallace's boat ramp in Hampton...tons of good inshore structure!

Launch and fish the creeks on the Eastern Shore...

I'll second the HRBT...if yakers can do it....a 14 ft'er f-glass is GRAVY.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have a small boat and would like to go Striper fishing, problem is I have a 14 foot fiberglass and I'm a little worried about going in the Bay any suggestions ?
Launch at Lesner, and if it is nice out...........head over to the CBBT. Its only a 5 minute run. If the water starts to get rough.......head back inside Lesner.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Try the creeks around the Poquoson river/ Chisman and Back Creeks. Fish at nite, cast to lightlines on the end of private docks. Use a trolling motor unless you are in open water, as the fish have been very skittish and spook easily by powerboats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts