Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Holiday Sports has closed where can I get some fresh bait in this area? I thinking about going out tomorrow morning but I need some bait. Thanks in advance for your help!:confused:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Since Holiday Sports has closed where can I get some fresh bait in this area? I thinking about going out tomorrow morning but I need some bait. Thanks in advance for your help!:confused:
What kind of bait are you looking for? I assume BW? If so, the best thing to do is call the tackle shops to see if they have any because it won't be easy looking for them at this time of year.

If you want fresh cut bait to catch stripers, then any Asian market will have fresh Cobb Mullet (they work pretty good). Stranglers will probably have frozen bunkers, but that's pretty much it.

Since you live around PG county, you can try calling Bay sports (off of RT260 towards North Beach, don't know their phone).

And also Tylers (end of RT 260 and turn right). They phone is (410) 257-6610

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No go

Thanks for the info TF & WFAD. I just got some bw & squid from Wal-mart. It the SPSP for a few hours no luck started to get very windy when the tide started to come in so I left with no bites. I had some frozen spot. I will try the Asian markets & places you mentioned. Thanks again...:mad::fishing:

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
Try buying bait close to where you're going to fish . You're not gonna find JS where you are looking . If you want to catch fish this time of year , head for OC or south , not SPSP , the "tank" , what a joke ! The peke , another joke or any of the other spots listed on this board for this time of year . You need to concentrate your efforts on the ocean my friend . If you want quality stripers from the sand , head for the beach .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx for the info Gumbo. I wanted to stay close by. I should be hitting OC this Sat if the weather holds. Stripers are still around just not many in the bay. Sometimes u just want to get out for a little while. I was looking for bait also b/c I went to OC about 3 weeks ago and we arrived about 10:30 PM and we couldn't find any bait b/c everything was closed!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Thx for the info Gumbo. I wanted to stay close by. I should be hitting OC this Sat if the weather holds. Stripers are still around just not many in the bay. Sometimes u just want to get out for a little while. I was looking for bait also b/c I went to OC about 3 weeks ago and we arrived about 10:30 PM and we couldn't find any bait b/c everything was closed!
You should be throwing lures around the inlet and bridge at night. Forget the bait

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
yep what Just said.

If going to SPSP, go the extra few miles and go to the narrows or the hour to the tank. Throw lures under the bridges. Keeper Rock are 18" so storm lures or rattle traps will do the trick.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts