Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what brand of air comressor do you recommend that plugs into the accessory outlet? It will be used to air the tires back up when getting back on hard pavement? Thanks Reagan

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
You can pretty much forget about a compressor that plugs into a cigarette lighter outlet. Not enough amperage and volume to do 4 truck/SUV tires. They're pretty much only good for filling one flat on a sedan. A better choice would be a Superflow/Q-Maxx MV-50 that has battery clamps. It's a knock-off of a Viair, not top-drawer, made in China, but works well enough to air up 4 tires from 18-35 psi in a few minutes each.

·
Registered
348 Posts
What AtlantaKing said.....

The cigarette lighter recepticle just can't handle the current needed to power a compressor with enough umph to fill truck tires.

I've got the MV50 and for the price it works very well.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Harbor Freight has a good one that hooks directly to the battery. I think it's on sale for about $52 now.

Bill:fishing:
The one from Harbor Freight has a thermal kill switch. If it has been in use too long (filling 4 LT265/75/16 tires from 22 to 44lbs) it will cut off on the third tire and you'll have to wait 15mins until it cools down. Ask me how I know this!!:redface:

I got the red "masterflow" at Pepboys that also hooks up to the battery, and it did the job faster than the HF one. It did not cut off on me; it is more compact, and comes with a nylon carrying case:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.