Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always understood that I should not clean regulated (size, limit) type fish and return to fishing with the edible remains in my cooler. The logic is written in the DMF regs somewhere, but I saw several folks cleaning Pups and Flounder on Seaview today, then take the fillets in their cooler and return to fishing. I'm just curious (though I think I know the answer) what your take on this would be if Marine Fisheries comes out checking coolers.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I've always understood that I should not clean regulated (size, limit) type fish and return to fishing with the edible remains in my cooler. The logic is written in the DMF regs somewhere, but I saw several folks cleaning Pups and Flounder on Seaview today, then take the fillets in their cooler and return to fishing. I'm just curious (though I think I know the answer) what your take on this would be if Marine Fisheries comes out checking coolers.
if they dont have the carcus to be able to prove length....its their arse :)

i know guys on my pier that fillet spanish, put the fillets on ice, but keep the carcus next to their cooler for size reference if need be....never 1 problem..

they bust ur arse on drum i know that

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
JMO,from what I was told...

I'd suggest that anyone cleaning fish take those fish to thier house or motel fridge... This rings true,especially with stripers and drum.... Technically msp fish cops can ticket you for "mutilation of a fish",whether carcus is present or not, that's what I was told by the head fishcop at OI a few yrs back......

·
Registered
171 Posts
i think it reads that no one can mutilat a fish any where on the water while ingagdes in fishing . unless you are on the pier I have not found a cleanning station until you get off the beach. after going that far, I just take them to the room
better safe then pay more money to the gov. for something someone knows is wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts