Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my lines in the water about 8:30pm. Things were slow most of the night. Not many people at all and that was a nice surprise.

The Spot have shown up in good numbers and some Bluefish are around. It will get better from here with the Trout soon to follow. At about 3:30am the Croaker bite started and stayed steady until daylight. I left Sat. morn at 7:30am with 7 nice Croaker, 11 Spot (less the ones used for cutbait) and two Bluefish.

Met Master Caster, Ralph is a hell of a nice guy. Look forward to hooking up with him again.

Now for the bad news. For those of you that fish NBP. The office told me they are going to start closing the pier at 11:00pm. The new hours will be 11:00am until 11:00pm. They said this could start as early as next week so I would call before heading down....Goodluck to all and tightlines

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The locals are trying to get the pier for thier own use, thats not gonna happen it's a public pier. They claim the noise from the pier keeps them up at night.

However, they say they are going to limit the fishing hours from 11:00am to 11:00pm. The offic said they are going to put up a gate to close the pier when not open.

The locals will not face the fact that allot of the noise are thier own kids on the boardwalk and racecars running up the strip.

Some of the guys I know buy season pass's to the pier at $60 a pop. Town hall will face some problems as they all want thier money back.

The town of NB can't afford to loose the income from the pier. When the have to start writing refund checks I think they will revisit the closeing.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
NB government is a joke from what I've seen and heard. Monkeys governing monkeys.

I have never been on the pier where the noise from those who were fishing was enough to keep anyone awake.

Hey HAT, you never said anything nice about me like that when we met. What gives?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
This does not come as a surprise and Husky you are right about the NB government..
A lot of people are the cause for this but the fishermen from the pier will be the ones that will get most of the blame.. :( :(

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked to one of my buddies today that has a season pass. Seems these guys have put thier heads together and now they don't want thier money back, they want the pier to stay open. One of them talked to a Attorney and was told the pass is a 24/7 contract for 365 days with Calvert County. There are 17 of these guys and they are considering a Class Action law suit against CC and the town of NB. This is gonna be good, think I'll buy a season pass before word gets to the town. LOL Tightlines

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Guys,

Nice meeting you Hat80. Ditto to you on the compliment. Its good to see you did alot better than i did. All i got out of the fishing trip was a case of pneumonia and a week off from work. I like that season pass idea. If enough people with season passes step up then maybe they can stop this pier closing nonsense.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey MC, I wondered what happened to you. Sorry to hear you got sick but look at all the rest you got. I hope these guys with the season pass's stick it to um! I'm going to stop by NB soon but if they close early I guess I'll got to Breezy. Things should be heating up as there were alot of Spot the other night. Seems I do better with Trout at Breezy anyway. See you next time...Tightlines

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Hat80
I talked to one of the attendants at the pier this morning..One of the girls charging the money and when asked about the season passes she said.."The season passes are for the times that the fees are charged.." When I said that the charges were not fair anyway because the pier was open free from 1000 pm to around 0900 am anyway..She said "You are from North Beach why do you care?" I said that I care because some of the people that they are messing over are friends and I do not agree with the way they are doing it..
Just then one of the youngsters in a hot car took of spinning his tires and I told her that that was a lot of their problem and since she was the samd age she did not say anything. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Man am I glad that I've got the Choptank Pier to fish where everything is civilized. :p I've never fished NB and probably never will. From what I've read on the forum it's not a very desirable place to be. :(

Catman. :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah jcreamer, it's a shame the fisherman are getting the blaim. If these guys go with this suit and I think they will, NB will get a slap in the face. This could be the move that wakes thier government and they see the whole picture on the pier. Lets hope so, it's a great fishin hole with alot of good people and real bay fish.

It will be a cold day before I drive back to the Tank, walk a mile down a old road, it's not a pier, hope to catch a spot for bait, pray the Stripers are there and catch a stinkin old Catfish. Hell I can do that in the Potomac. By the way have you been to Breezy lately? I hear good things from there, might hit it in the morn....Tightlines

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hat80,

You seem to be under the mistaken impression there are no croaker at the Choptank.

Also, you don't need a spot to catch Rockfish. I've caught them with White Perch, my largest (28") was on Chicken liver there, and most of mine I catch casting Rattle-Traps with a light bass rod under the lights.

Of course, you really aren't going to get legal rockfish there till late-September and later (I don't even bother fishing for them till then.) Weather is often nice through November.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I dropped by the NB pier last night and there were about seven people on the pier. They were catching good size croaker and some small spot. I was the one with his leg in a big blue cast.
Catman, under good conditions the pier is not a bad place to fish..
I really had a lot of explaining to do there last night..A lady asked me what I did to my leg and I said that my wife kicked me. The lady said "oh my god" her eyes got the size of half dollars and she thought I was serious. I had to explain to her and apologize to my wife.. Oh Well//

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got back from NBP. Had intentions of fishing Breezy today but they have raised the price to $10 a car, NOT! I'll save Breezy for camping and fishing. Got the lines in at 1:00pm on outgoing tide. Slow day but got 6 Croaker and some Striper. The Rock are getting bigger 14" to 17" but no keepers. Best weather I've seen in weeks so I was sure it would be a madhouse. All day long not more than 10 people on the pier at any one time. When I left at 6:30pm there were 7 people fishing and no one partying. I'm sorry I left so early as I'm sure there will be a good bite on tonight. Had to meet the wife for dinner, some things come first. JC, I guess we'll run into each other sooner or later, I'll look for that cast...Tightlines

1 - 17 of 17 Posts