Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great night. Arived at NBP at 11:15pm, lines in the water by 11:30 on a incoming tide. First legal Croaker within 2 mins. and the bite was good until 4:30am, when it started to slow down. Fish count, a mess of Croaker, Spot and White Perch. All fish hit on bloodworms. At daylight I put on a hunk of softshell crab just for giggles and 15mins. later had my first NBP keeper Flounder of the year. Without the fish strecher it went 17 3/4" :D...Goodluck to all and tightlines

NBP Flounder 17 3/4"

Sunrise this morn. at NBP

Fish in the cooler

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Husky,

I was after Flatfish or a big Striper. Cut a softshell in two baited up and let it fly over at the far end of the jeddy on the right side. BAM! fish on and a big smile...:D ...Tightlines

·
Registered
467 Posts
Congrats on the Flattie...

I knew you would get one sonner or later. I wish i could have been there to try and get me some but work is killing me. Im already starting to go through lack of fishing withdrawal. Seriously, great fishng Hat80. Seeing your luck gives us all hope.

MC

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Thanks for the post Hat!

Flounder looks great. Softshell or peeler seems to be a great but expensive bait. How did you rig it? Sometimes I have problem of everything falling apart when it hits the water.

Do you divide the body in half, fourth, sixth? and cut off the legs?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Directions to NBP

Can anyone give me directions to NBP coming from arlington VA. Also. is the fishing there better early mornings or late evenings? Are there other places to fish besides the pier? Thanks in advance for all your help.

cutbait34:)

·
Registered
905 Posts
congrats hat80, from an earlier thread about "where's jcreamer" i thought you were going out tonight, or are you doing that as well? i notice the times that the posts are posted seem incorrect. well anyways, congrats on the flatty too. wassup for plo, i'm down for a trip next week.

fish-on

·
Registered
467 Posts
PLO Next Weekend...

Fish-On, Hat80,

Im down for a trip to PLO next weekend If you guys are up for it. I cant do anything this wekend because im starting a new shift on sunday and i have to work saturday morning. If you guys are down let me know. I am free to go anywhere next weekend.

MC

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Guy's,

Thanks for the kind words, it sure put a smile on my face. :)

jangwuah, I used a fish finder rig with 1/2 of a softie on it. Most of the time I will 1/4 the crab, but this time I wanted a BIG FAT bait out there. I try not to whip the rod when casting softies, just use a nice easy cast. If the crab won't stay on I use my wifes old hose to cover the crab, seems to work well.

cutbait34, IMHO night time and the early morn. is the best time to fish NBP. The pier is the only place to fish in NB but Breezy point is just down the road.

fish-on, My fishing truck has a mind of it's own. Last night about 9pm the truck starting calling out, Clyde lets go fishing and down the road we went. Good the meet you the other day Fred. When you guys are ready to hit PLO just let me know. Fishing always makes the truck smile. LOL.

HaPPyPapPy, I'm ready for the Trout. Thier just taking to much time to get here for me. I'll be ready when they show thier face. I have my chicken breasts and a nice swim in lake crisco all ready for them.

Goodluck to all & tightlines

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.