Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Returning to same condo we rented last year, just west of the NB pier. Didn't bring gear then, and spent a lot of time doing the Destin/Pensacola tourist thing with wife and kids........this time, I'm fishing!

Anyone local there have any news, or willing to help out a saltwater newbie? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try fishing the bridge on Hwy 98 between Gulfbreeze and Pensacola. I suggest the Pensacola side. It's the best in my opinion and the folks at the bridge are real helpful and friendly. You can drive right onto the bridge and park right next to where you want to fish. You can view the bridge's website at www.fishthebridge.com You can find out everything that is going on by going to the message boards there too. Have a fun and safe trip. Hope you catch lots of fish. The kings should be in good by the time you arrive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kings at the bridge? AtlantaKing has PM'd me a few times and suggested the PB pier, also--we ate at Calypso (heard it's now called Crabs, maybe?) and walked past, but not out onto the PB pier last summer. Saw the folks on the bridge on a couple of trips over to Pensacola for the air museum and such--is night fishing a good option there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
PB pier is okay I guess. Little pricey though in my opinion. I just love the bridge. Night fishing is definitely an option there too. They have lights that run all up and down under the bridge to attract the fish and that is where yu want to fish at night. Yes you can catch kings off the bridge. Also just about everything else too. Specs, flounder, reds, trout, blues, snapper, shark, even a stupid pelican now and then in the mornings. :) It is located right on Hwy 98 and the Pensacola side of the bridge is the best in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts