Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished NAS/Pax this morning. Threw every lure in my tackle box trying out a new Daiwa fishing rod...no luck. I moved to the area in February from Norfolk, Va. Still learning the ropes around here. Any local lure advice is highly appreciated!

·
Registered
219 Posts
its not you.fishing is up/down in the pax area. an everywhere else around here.look up Asrod on here he uses lures alot.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Give Goose creek a try. Walk towards the point (go past the little bridge that connects to that area). The water is pretty deep. Go with a smaller profile as the majority of stripers now are schoolies. Also, fish the back area of Hog Point and there are specks/small flounders hang around in the marsh area. Few weeks ago, I saw bait getting chased by I assume snapper blues. Usually spring and late summer will be good for tossing lures for larger fish. Lastly, evening bite will be better especially at Goose Creek where the light next to the little inlet. I like to throw a chrome gotcha or rattletrap and mess with the schoolies.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Give Goose creek a try. Walk towards the point (go past the little bridge that connects to that area). The water is pretty deep. Go with a smaller profile as the majority of stripers now are schoolies. Also, fish the back area of Hog Point and there are specks/small flounders hang around in the marsh area. Few weeks ago, I saw bait getting chased by I assume snapper blues. Usually spring and late summer will be good for tossing lures for larger fish. Lastly, evening bite will be better especially at Goose Creek where the light next to the little inlet. I like to throw a chrome gotcha or rattletrap and mess with the schoolies.
Thank you Tunafish!

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
No problem. Don't forget to purchase the base fishing license in addition to the regular tidal fishing license.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts