Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped over to the Pier around 2:00pm-(yardwork/shuttling kids,etc. i.e. poor excuses for a late start?). Some youngster had already been battling an enormous Tarpon on the Pier's end for an hour by my arrival- hooked it up on 20# class baited with chunk MACK/ landed it with much HOOHAW and help from the 100 piermongers's/onlookers and the "pelican" net! 6+ ft. 150+lbs.!!...The bait was presentin massive clouds-1-2 in. minnows of a sort...the JACKS were chasing bait in perfect marching formations of a hundred per school. I rocketed out a 1 1/2 OZ. silver prismed diamond jig (with a slight tweak of my own design -a slot head made with a CHARTRUSE happy face cut from a trinket ring outta one of those quarter toy machines the kids seem to always be begging us about for another quarter- the "THING" gives off the prettiest smoke trail you ever saw!!) and it got blasted on the 2nd. cast...My tackle was a Calcutta 400 spooled with 25# Big Game/ St.Croix 7ft. Musky Jerkbait Rod....W/in seconds I had three kids and 1 "adult" (?) throw across my line at the followers and one of the youngsters wrapped me up allowing the Jack to cut me off on the pier legs..... the kid looked me square in the eye and said," how'd that happen?....I stayed and fought the crowd a couple more hours....got a few follows and one more strike....and so my trip ended....I saw some schools out from the beach w/in casting distance....next time I am just gonna get wet and avoid the chaos of the Naples Fishin Pier....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts