Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out in the bay from 5 to 9pm last saturday and I landed 8 keeper striper all 20" plus but I only kept 2 (the fattest ones of course). My uncle was with me and he landed the biggest one on the boat that nite which we measured at 38". Had a great trip and saw alot of fish!!!! Anyone else go out on saturday? Beverly Bee went out to any one on that boat? Post let me know how yall did...
:cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where does the Nancy Ann go out from. I went out on the Sally T and did not catch anything. The biggest on the boat was 22".

·
Registered
634 Posts
me and baddogg was on the sally-t headboat sat night(nov 15th) ...my report is on the boating board......where is the nancy ann at?...dml...if it was saturday that you went out.. i had the biggest fish at 21" lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,
The Nancey Ann goes out from Dockside Resturaunt at the Lesner Bridge. (Next to Bubbas and The Inlet, across the street from Duck Inn.) Normally this boat goes out with the Beverly Bee and the First Chance, but, I think a group chartered the First Chance. To go out on the Nancey Ann boat from 5 to 9 pm it's only $30 plus tips for first mate of course. You can get tickets at the resturaunt.
Sorry to hear that ya'll didn't have the same luck. We had a hell of a trip but I hear that friday was the day! Some people caught 40+ :D. One was 10lbs. Wish I went, I thought it was too windy & ruff but thats the best time to go. Ill more then likely be on the Nancey Ann this weekend probably Sat.
:jawdrop:

·
Registered
634 Posts
the sally-t is $20 for the 5pm-9pm trip...but we only went out to the small boat channel.......but more time to fish since its close........where did ya'll go? tunnel? 2nd island?....seems like the bigger fish are farther in bay....out by the 4th island and highrise right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KAJAN

We started right near the beach, and as I remember that's where the Sally T spent most of the nite. Nancey Ann traveled up and back just following birds and bait fish, we were pretty much every where between the first and second island.

Your correct about the farther out you are the bigger the fish! Ofcourse you can always get lucky with a big one up close but the farther out you are the better your chances. That's why most tournaments have distance restrictions on fishing areas. Hopefully I'll see yall out there this sat. if the storm on thurs. isnt so bad. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey Guys
Just caught your post. I went out Saturday night on the Betty B. Mark who mates on her is a fellow fisherman I met last year out at LIP. Actually I was headed for the Sally T, but Mark was out on the street directing traffic.
Second cast using a white on white one once bucktail with a 5 inch pearl colored grub, hooked into a 22 inch fish. It was kind of skinny so I tossed it back. Then spent the next three hours fishing the paint of my bucktail, before I got bit again. This fish was 26 1/2 inches. Got one more bump but I failed to set the hook.
A fellow beside me from Charlotteville, fishing a 5 inch shad blue to opaqe, with black spots must of gotten at least 10 bites.
He was using his brim buster spinning rig and was able to hook two fish under 18 inches. There were fish caught but Mark had time to fish. He was able to hook into a good fish, he let the only lady on board reel in, then he landed it for her. Man she was beeming the rest of the night.
Had to fish hard for the fish that I caught, but it was a great trip. Met some really nice people.

That's my Sat night report,
Tim

·
Registered
206 Posts
kajun Dml6238 is my brother. we are thinking about going back out saturday. weekends are his time off so i figure i am going out
maybe better luck this time. I got to talking to the little gally girl so i should get a spot on the back:D

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
634 Posts
ah ok....lol... just get there an hour early..you'll get a spot on back...good luck on da blonde..she'd be a good catch:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts