1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All this rain is driving me nuckin futs...Name that pier

Pier 1

Pier 2

Lets make this little quiz worth something.

The first 4 registered P&S members to name the piers will get a 3 day 2 night inshore, offshore trip on my boat Dream On.

The trip will more than likely be next spring as I'm having some health problems this year and my doctors have said no boating.

As soon as there are 4 correct answers I will list the P&S members that get to go...Goodluck & Tightlines

·
Registered
467 Posts
Could It Be???

From the looks of the picture Pier 2 Is NBP. That is a great overhead shot. Pier 1 looks like one of my favorite spots. Breezy Point. I win, What do i get???

MC

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Those would be my choices too.North Beach and Breezy Pt..Hope you are on the water sooner than later.....the R

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
They cheated

After MC, the rest just copied his votes. I admint I didn't recognize Breezy Point. Because I have never been there.
Maybe you should take me along to introduce me to the rest of the places I don't know!?
:cool:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Oh C'mon Husky , don't be such a cry baby!!You got my vote to go along...we'll need a "hey boy"!!!! the R

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey don't forget he is a good spot and perch catcher too for those who want to live line:p ;)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok we have the four...:D

Master Caster, Earl-DC, the rhondel & TRIGGERFISH if you guys would e-mail me with some contact info, I'll contact you in the next week or so and we'll start to work on a date. I look forward to hearing from you all.

So no one feels left out, as soon as my doctor says I'm good to go any registered P&S member is welcome to go along with me. If I do a day trip I can take 12, on a overnight trip 6 would be the max.

Just so we don't have any problems, I'm not asking for any money for these trips. Bring what you want to eat and drink, thats it.

Last year we lost a good board member and a good friend of mine (Turboandy) do to some [email protected] that got started about money for a fishing trip.

To set the record striaght, Turboandy did not ask for charter money. He asked for people to chip in on fule costs. Boats are not cheap to operate or maintain. Most people are appreciative to be on a free trip and offer fule money anyway.

The person that felt the need to make that comment not knowing what they were talking about, cost good people that may not have access to a boat and free fishing trips. It won't happen this time...Tightlines, Hat80

DREAM ON

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
not many boaters here

unless the crowd has changed here, a large portion of the posters here aren't into going out on boats. dramamine thing I guess.

HAT80,
don't worry about the TurboAndy thing. Don't let one anal retentive dude get you down. Just do your thing and don't worry what the others think. As for Andy, too bad he was offended. He was a good guy to fish with. In fact, I'm sure he still is.

·
Registered
146 Posts
this is a weird question and probably bad timing but I am curious. How much gas does a boat like that take and how fast does she uses it up.
I went on a boat fishing at the outer banks this week and was wondering. seems like the thing ran all day:confused:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The baitcatcher

Hes also the jerk;who keeps Croakers in your cooler and dosn't take them home.:rolleyes: .That alright If I see you in Deleware I'll hide Blues in your trunk:p

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To dang much

Hey FISHIN ROD,

With twin Detroit diesel 12V-71 TI's at 28kts she burns 42 gallons a hour per engine. When I get to were I'm fishing and start trolling I need to rotate the engines as she will run to fast with both at idle. With one engine running at 3.5 to 7.5kts she burnes about 12 gallons a hour. With a 2700 gallon fule capacity I can get between 350 to 600 miles out of a fill up, just depends on how fast your running. With that said, boats are not like cars. You never take on more fule then what you'll need for the trip your taking....Hope thats the answer you wanted...Tightlines

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hat80 said:
. Boats are not cheap to operate or maintain. Most people are appreciative to be on a free trip and offer fule money anyway.

No they're not cheap to operate and maintain. I have a 26' Pro Line Walk and just gas alone cost about $40.00 per operating hr. at 20 knots. If a guest wants to drop some $ in the hat that's great but I'll never ask for it.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same deal here catman, I never ask but I won't turn it down. Got to run headed for NBP....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey if I ever make it out with either one of you guys, you can be sure to get some gas money from me. Now some of my fish...that's a different story.:D

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hey Hat80, do you think we should tell Jason that he doesn't need 21 surf rods to fish with us?:p That's why he outfishes everyone 7 to 1.

Catman.:D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
ha if I actually go out with u guys I might need to buy a boat rod or too. The only thing I can think of is my shimano bait runner with my solid 8ft ugly. oh and a few cheapie 8 fters.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
trolling or casting lures?

Hat80:
are you a big troll?
I mean, are you a troller?
:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts