Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got to Nags Head for the surf tournament, went to the Inlet to catch Mullet, mission accomplished so we fished for Speck by the mouth of the pond, did Ok with one coming on a live finger mullet. Next day was the first session and to my suprise it wasn't raining. Caught a few blues over the course of the day for somewhere around 45 point and a spot in about 20. Next day to my suprise it still wasn't raining, caught a few more Blues to bring the total to somrthing like 70 point. Not exactly sure where we finished, but we didn't win, pretty slow all around.

OK Here's the funny part, standing on the beach in the last session and this lady comes over the dunes with a shell and a camera. She puts the shell down at the edge of the water and starts taking pictures of the thing. Come to find out it was a hermit crab that sell in the gift store, she felt sorry for the little critter and was returning it to the wild. When it didn't scamper off into the water she picked it up and tossed it in the ocean and with a big smile returned back over the dune line undoubtly to tell her husband of the release back into the wild.

I Guess no one told her the hermit crab sold in gift stores are land crabs and she just drowned the little feller.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
OK Here's the funny part, standing on the beach in the last session and this lady comes over the dunes with a shell and a camera. She puts the shell down at the edge of the water and starts taking pictures of the thing. Come to find out it was a hermit crab that sell in the gift store, she felt sorry for the little critter and was returning it to the wild. When it didn't scamper off into the water she picked it up and tossed it in the ocean and with a big smile returned back over the dune line undoubtly to tell her husband of the release back into the wild.

I Guess no one told her the hermit crab sold in gift stores are land crabs and she just drowned the little feller.
ha, good stuff. if it didnt drown, it better start crawling south fast. i believe they're native to the tropics, and i dont think an NC winter would be too kind to the little guy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey Wilber, My team finished 13th with 74 points, so you were right there in the top 20 with your 70. Weather was great, but fishing has been better. We're off to Assateague this week for the AMSA Tournament. It's a fun tourny if you haven't been and they still have openings.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeap guys, still laughing about that one. Brooksobx who do you fish with I'm on the Outer Banks Sportfishers. See ya in Big Hatteras next month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Wilber, My team finished 13th with 74 points, so you were right there in the top 20 with your 70. Weather was great, but fishing has been better. We're off to Assateague this week for the AMSA Tournament. It's a fun tourny if you haven't been and they still have openings.

Hey Will, what time are we leaving on Thursday?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Awww... Poor little ingorant critter lover, tree hugger... More people need to grow their own crops and harvest their own animals to eat. Kind of makes you learn REAL things about life.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You should have gotten it out of the water, pulled it out of its shell, and hooked it for bait...I'm sure a pup would've eaten it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey Wilber, just got back from Assateague, we finished 7th, tough fishing on Sat.!!! I fish on the Fishin' Fools for Big & Little Hatteras and Nags Head and NHSFC for Ocracoke.
See you in Hatteras. I'll look for you at the clubhouse, I know Gary & Hank. Sorry to get off track on this thread.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty work on the 7th, nice spot.

See you at the angler's club.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts