Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got there at 7:00. It really was crowded, reminded me of a carnival night where kids were running all over the place. Of cource the kids casted their line all over as well. Anyway, I squeezed myself all the way to the left and I fished from 7:30PM-12:00AM caught 17 croakers. Most of them are in the 15''-18'' range. Most of the folks did pretty good too, unfortunately, some folks bought nightcrawlers and some could'nt cast too far out and they got skunked.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You mean the nightcrawlers didn't work,I'v caught croaker on nightcrawlers last year,perch and spot maybe have to wait till later in the season. :confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup, Tuna is right, I know some said they had crawlers the night before but don't know who had them last night. I got there around 10:30. Some of the regulars were there, John, Dan, Howard... Pops (an ole guy that always has a story or history fact for ya). I left about 2am with a cooler full. Between 15" and 19". John, left out w/ about another 20-25 to add to the 25 he caught the night before. The were hit'n pretty good about 100ft to 300ft out. I was off left center near the left corner. If I would've stayed longer I'm sure I would've caught more, but I had to pack up and head home. The bed and the job were calling me... lol. I was going to try and make it out there this evening but that wind looks killer as I gaze out my window at work, reminiscing about earlier this morning...

Well, there will definitely be other days. And I'll be waiting.

Hey, are any of you guys making your own riggs. I just started this year and find it easier than paying out the cash at the local venders. Can't wait to test them out some more. See some of you on the pier.

·
Registered
467 Posts
hey Guys...

SO the croakers are hitting down at NB huh. Me and my pops will be heading there tonight to see whats happening. The weather report says no more rain until tomorrow morning. Low tide is at 9:58 tonight and high tide is at 4:04am. Hope to run into some of you guys there.

MC

·
Registered
32 Posts
LOL @ Tuna, wasn't to worried about the cooler, I had another in the car. I had to work, some of us have responsibilites besidese for fishing... haha.

Anyways, I'm making high rigs. I don't particulary care for the double, hi-lo. Just my preference. Also, circle hooks on a 6-9" lead has worked pretty well. Those c-hooks are the best (my opinion) when c/r and working it outta that hard heads tight lip. Can't wait for the blues and weakies to start their run.

I may try up SP sometime this week or either Mata/Roma.. we'll have to see. By the way what are the hours at SPSP?

Oh, killed them again Saturday at NBP. Everyone was reeling them hard heads in. It was unusual to see, these two guys were on the left side of pier closest to the rock jetty and they were kill'n em. Everytime they dropped their rods they were get'n hits. They filled up their foam cooler in a short and it fell over on the pier cuz the fish were moving so much and it was filled to capacity. One of them had a double, about a 14' and a 19-20" horse. It's been a pretty good early season thus far, hopefully it will only get better.

·
Registered
467 Posts
hello my Fishing Brethren...

Me and my pops went friday night to NB and it was quite a few people there seeing as how the weather was acting funny. People were catching croakers and i mean these things were huge. One guy had a few in his cooler that had to be at least 20 to 25 inches. we only caught a few but they were worth it. Me and my dad were using squid soaked in the shedder crab Smelly Jelly. Them croakers seem to love the stuff. We caught a few small rocks but we put them back. we will definitely be heading down there again this week. I would love to meet some of you guys. Im always looking for fishing buddies.

MC :)

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
MC,

I just got some of that SJ sheeder oil at Anglers. It goes for $4.99 a bottle instead of that Essence stuff that lists for $6.99. I gotta give it a try. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey fellas,
Do any of you think these croakers will make it as far as the Choptank? Heard to many war stories about NB, dont think I want to take my daughters there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts